This event is generously co-sponsored by The Carnegie Corporation of New York, The Ford Foundation, The Henry Luce Foundation, The New World Foundation, and The Open Society Foundations.
In his new book, The End of White Christian America, Robert P. Jones challenges us to grasp a new reality — that America is no longer a majority white Christian nation.
- How white Christians have already become a minority in America, and how white anxieties around this seismic shift are finding expression in public life
- Donald Trump’s paradoxical appeal to white conservative Christian voters
- The strident rise of a white “politics of nostalgia” following the election of the nation’s first black president
- The stark disagreements between white and black Americans over the use of lethal force by police, the fairness of the justice system, and the broader #BlackLivesMatter movement
- The apocalyptic tone of arguments over same-sex marriage and LGBT rights
How these recent demographic and cultural changes are shaping—and often distorting—the very conceptualization of principles such as inequality, fairness, and religious freedom
Space is extremely limited: RSVP here. Drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be served.
Robert P. Jones is the CEO of PRRI and Sam Tanenhaus is the former editor in chief of The New York Times Book Review and author of Whittaker Chambers and The Death of Conservatism. Tanenhaus, and is working on biography of William F. Buckley Jr.
Order your copy of The End of White Christian America from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Simon & Schuster, and IndieBound today!