The Communications and External Affairs Assistant supports the Communications and External Affairs team with scheduling, communications, and outreach strategy. The Communications and External Affairs Assistant must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and responsible, and must be able to work both independently and collaboratively. The role will be part-time approximately 20-24 hours per week. The Communications and External Affairs Assistant reports to the Senior Director of Communications and External Affairs.
- Producing research products (e.g., survey reports) and forward-facing communications and external affairs products, (e.g., PRRI’s daily “The Morning Buzz,” weekly and monthly newsletters, social media content, Spotlight Analysis blog posts, and Op-Eds)—often on tight deadline.
- Publishing research content on website using WordPress content management system.
- Promoting PRRI research and increasing brand recognition through implementation of best practices on the website.
- Working with the communications and external affairs team to create digital strategies for website performance improvement.
- Developing topics and questions for our weekly Twitter poll, “Whiteboard Wednesday”
- Drafting of press releases and media advisories.
- Editing of PRRI’s video series Up to the Minute.
- Producing of PRRI’s podcast The Why.
- Coordinating press outreach strategies for the release of products and public events.
- Coordinating logistics and prepare documents for PRRI staff media appearances.
- Compiling a weekly report recapping and forecasting communications and external affairs activities.
- Monitoring for breaking news.
- Providing administrative support to the Senior Director of Communications and External Affairs, including scheduling, booking travel, and other tasks as needed.
- Scheduling meeting space for interdepartmental and intradepartmental meetings.
- Managing and distributing PRRI media clips and social media highlights and supporting the archiving and analysis of coverage.
- Maintaining the press team’s products and events calendar.
- Tracking website analytics through weekly reports.
- A. required.
- Candidates should be motivated, entrepreneurial, organized, and adept at handling multiple tasks. Strong writing and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional time management, project management, and organizational skills.
- Compelling communicator and strategic thinker.
- Proactive problem solver; achievement and results driven.
- Personal credibility and integrity – follows through on promises.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Treats all people with dignity and respect; able to resolve a conflict.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and strong decision-making skills.
Instructions for Applying:
Applications will be received until May 3, 2019, or until the position is filled. Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references in a single PDF document to email@example.com. PRRI offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. No inquiries, please.
PRRI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization with a fast-paced work environment. Since our founding in 2009, PRRI has established itself as a leading provider of quality, independent survey research on cultural change, religion, and politics. PRRI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Please visit our website for more information at http://prri.org.
PRRI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, and other members of under-represented groups who will contribute to the diversity of our staff.