The Communications and Development Assistant (CDA) will work directly with the communications team and the CEO. As part of the communications team, this position reports to the Editor and Communications Manager and assists in the implementation of all communications strategies. This position also assists the CEO in writing grant reports, communicating with funders and board members, and performing other executive assistant functions.
- Develop and execute social media growth and strategy on Twitter and Facebook, including accounts for PRRI, Robby, and Dan. Develop social media campaigns, ads, and strategies to promote PRRI media hits, new analysis blog posts, and survey releases. CDA will also be responsible for live-tweeting events.
- Provide editorial assistance on press releases, blog posts, research reports, and other products.
- Assist CEO with development work, including grant writing/reporting, and ongoing communications with funders, board members, and outside organizations.
- Assist in managing daily office workflow such as coordinating staff meetings and managing the CEO’s calendar.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, political science, sociology, religious studies, or related field.
- Exceptional writing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, and capable of managing time effectively.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with social media management tools (i.e., HootSuite, TweetDeck) and knowledge of social media marketing strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated interest in communications, public opinion research, religion or politics strongly preferred
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Communications and Development Assistant” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
About Public Religion Research Institute:
Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research at the intersection of religion, values, and public life. PRRI’s mission is to help journalists, opinion leaders, scholars, clergy, and the general public better understand debates on public policy issues and the role of religion and values in American public life by conducting high quality public opinion surveys and qualitative research. Please visit our website for more information at www.publicreligion.org.
Public Religion Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, and other members of under-represented groups who will contribute to the diversity of our staff.