On November 1, 2021, PRRI and the Brookings Institution released findings from the 2021 American Values Survey, “Competing Visions of America—An Evolving Identity or a Culture Under Attack?” during a live webcast.
The panel for the webcast included the following:
- Robert P. Jones, PRRI CEO and founder
- Natalie Jackson, PRRI Director of Research
- E.J. Dionne, W. Averell Harriman Chair and Senior Fellow – Governance Studies for Brookings
- William A. Galston, Ezra K. Zilkha Chair and Senior Fellow – Governance Studies for Brookings
- Nazita Lajevardi, Assistant Professor of Political Science at Michigan State University and PRRI Public Fellow
- Eric L. McDaniel, Associate Professor, Department of Government at the University of Texas at Austin and former PRRI Public Fellow
- Karlyn H. Bowman, Senior Fellow and Research Coordinator, American Enterprise Institute.
The survey findings received broad coverage across print, radio, broadcast and online outlets, including on CNN’s The Lead with Jake Tapper and Don Lemon Tonight. Robert P. Jones appeared on both broadcasts to put the survey report in context.