With the Supreme Court set to rule on the legality of same-sex marriage by the end of the month, PRRI created a comprehensive guide of everything you need to know about public attitudes on this issue. PRRI pulled from the new June 2015 PRRI Religion & Politics Tracking Survey—which, among other findings, revealed that two-thirds of Americans predict the Supreme Court will legalize same-sex marriage nationwide—and the American Values Atlas—an interactive tool created from over 40,000 interviews—to create the charts, tables, maps, and analysis below.
To download these materials as a PDF, click the image to the right or click here.
- Survey | Majority Favor Same-sex Marriage; Two-thirds Believe Supreme Court Will Rule to Legalize
- Attitudes on Same-sex Marriage by Religious Tradition and Denominational Family
- Change in Support for Same-sex Marriage by Religious Affiliation
- Attitudes on Same-sex Marriage by Republican Subgroup
Age and Race
- Attitudes on Same-sex Marriage by Age and Race
- Attitudes on Same-sex Marriage by State (Chart)
- Attitudes on Same-sex Marriage by State (Map and Table)