Position: Editorial Associate
Status and Location: Full-time, Washington, D.C.
The Editorial Associate will oversee the editing of all PRRI public content and the fact-checking of materials produced by the communications team. The Editorial Associate will be responsible for developing and implementing a clear and consistent style across all PRRI products. The Editorial Associate will also be responsible for ensuring all PRRI content meets the highest editorial standards and follows best practices in the use of digital images, video, and graphics.
- Editorial (65%):
- Copyediting PRRI research products (e.g. survey reports, Spotlight Analysis blog posts, academic articles and book chapters, op-eds) and external communications (e.g. PRRI’s daily “The Morning Buzz,” weekly and monthly newsletters, social media content)—often on tight deadlines.
- Copyediting other PRRI public products (e.g. grant proposals, reports, and communications with external partners).
- Creating documents in response to media request and assisting in the development of talking points and other background material for media interviews
- Fact Checking (30%):
- Ensuring all materials, including charts and graphics, are accurate prior to publication (e.g. proper names, dates, hyperlinks, sources).
- Number checking the use of statistics in communications, social media, strategic engagement materials for media outlets and funders
- Other editorial duties as assigned (5%)
- Minimum of two to four years of experience as a copyeditor or editor
- B.A. in journalism, communications, English or, a related field
- Outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Hard working, resourceful, creative, and organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Sound editorial judgment and meticulous attention to detail
- Commitment to accuracy
- Persistence and resourcefulness in tracking down information/sources
- Ability to navigate across research and communications cultures
- The ability to work independently
- Familiarity with HTML and WordPress preferred
PRRI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization with a fast-paced work environment. Since our founding in 2009, PRRI has established itself as a leading provider of quality, independent survey research on cultural change, religion, and politics. PRRI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Please visit our website for more information at http://prri.org.
Instructions for Applying:
Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references in a single PDF document to email@example.com. PRRI offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. No inquiries, please.
PRRI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, and other members of under-represented groups who will contribute to the diversity of our staff.