Position: Manager of External Affairs
Status and Location: Full-time, Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Director of Communications and External Affairs
FLSA Salary Classification: Full time; Exempt
The Manager of External leads and oversees PRRI’s relationships with external groups that are working on issues related to major areas of PRRI research. The Manager of External is a member of the Communications and External Affairs team and reports to the Director of Communications and External Affairs.
- Build a long-term strategic vision for increasing PRRI’s reputation and brand among stakeholder groups.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders working in major areas of PRRI research.
- Oversee the growth and maintenance of PRRI’s contact lists to distribute PRRI research to stakeholder groups using CRM software solutions (e.g., Constant Contact, Salesforce) and social media.
- Plan conferences and events at PRRI headquarters and around the country that leverage PRRI research, build new relationships and strengthen existing ones.
- Execute assignments, activities, and tasks and oversee the implementation of systems, policies and procedures that assist department staff in completing a scope of work on time and within budget.
- Assist the Director of Communications and External Affairs in hiring, training, and supervising strategic engagement personnel. Set performance expectations, provide support, coach, and mentor staff.
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- A. required.
- Minimum five years of experience as external relations, legislative affairs, community organizing, coalition building.
- Experience with a contact management database such as Salesforce is a plus.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional time management, project management, and organizational skills.
- Compelling communicator and strategic thinker.
- Proactive problem solver; achievement and results driven.
- Personal credibility and integrity – follows through on promises.
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Treats all people with dignity and respect, able to resolve a conflict.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and strong decision-making skills.
PRRI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization with a fast-paced work environment. Since our founding in 2009, PRRI has established itself as a leading provider of quality, independent survey research on cultural change, religion, and politics. PRRI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Please visit our website for more information at http://prri.org.
Instructions for Applying:
Applications will be received until February 15, 2019, or until the position is filled. Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references in a single PDF document to email@example.com. PRRI offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. No inquiries, please.
PRRI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, and other members of under-represented groups who will contribute to the diversity of our staff.