A Washington, D.C.-based, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization specializing in public opinion research on cultural change, religion, and Americans’ views on public policy seeks a full-time Senior Research Associate. The Senior Research Associate reports to the Research Director and takes a leading role in all stages of the research process, including sampling and questionnaire design, analysis of survey findings, and development of report content. The Senior Research Associate will also take a lead role in the development of scales, regression models, and other advanced statistical techniques. The Senior Research Associate is also responsible for conducting new analysis from recent PRRI surveys, responding to media requests, and coordinating the work of research assistants.
- Research & Analysis (70%):
- Oversee data collection and manage PRRI’s growing data library and the public release of datasets
- Coordinate work of research assistants, including background research, construction of survey toplines and banners, number checking, and fact checking for all research products
- Assist Research Director with questionnaire development and survey design
- Conduct custom analyses in response to media requests
- Develop scales and perform advanced statistical analysis
- Editorial (30%):
- Responsible for accuracy of all research content
- Take lead role in drafting PRRI research reports and original shorter analysis for PRRI’s blog
- Contribute to scholarly articles and other written products
- Minimum of seven years of experience conducting, analyzing, and writing about public opinion research
- A. or B.S. in political science, sociology, statistics, or related field; specialized training in public opinion research or applied survey research experience strongly preferred
- Strong quantitative and statistical skills, including experience with SPSS, Stata, and other statistical tools
- Experience developing charts, graphs, and other data visualizations
- Strong editorial judgment and exceptional ability to communicate research and survey results clearly and concisely to lay audience
- Familiarity with other types of public opinion data (e.g. General Social Survey, National Election Study) a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Background in data management and experience managing research projects preferred
PRRI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization with a fast-paced work environment. Since our founding in 2009, PRRI has established itself as a leading provider of quality, independent survey research on cultural change, religion, and politics in the country. In 2016, PRRI research was featured in over 1,600 earned media stories in major national outlets. PRRI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Please visit our website for more information at http://prri.org.
Instructions for Applying:
Application will be received until November 15, 2017, or until the position is filled. Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references in a single PDF document to email@example.com. PRRI offers a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. No inquiries please.