Position: Research Assistant
Status and Location: Full-time, Washington, D.C.
The Research Assistant supports all stages of the research process, including questionnaire design, analysis of survey findings, and drafting report content. The Research Assistant will also assist with drafting new analyses from existing surveys for PRRI’s blog, responding to media requests, producing toplines and banners, and number-checking all PRRI products.
- Research and Analysis (70%), assist with:
- Drafting and designing survey questionnaires;
- Analyzing survey data, including the development of scales and the use of other advanced statistical techniques;
- Constructing survey toplines and banners;
- Drafting responses to media requests and data-based talking points for PRRI spokespeople;
- Developing graphics for PRRI products;
- Number checking for all PRRI products, including survey reports, secondary analyses, and social media products.
- Editorial (30%), assist with:
- Drafting PRRI research reports and blog posts;
- Drafting scholarly articles for senior researchers and other writing tasks as assigned.
- Experience conducting, analyzing, and writing about public opinion research, preferably within an established research organization;
- Experience with Stata, SPSS, R, or other statistical tools;
- Editorial judgement and ability to communicate research and survey results clearly and concisely to lay audiences;
- Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail;
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, sociology, statistics, or another public opinion-related field.
PRRI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization with a fast-paced work environment. Since our founding in 2009, PRRI has established itself as a leading provider of quality, independent survey research on cultural change, religion, and politics. PRRI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Please visit our website for more information at http://prri.org.
Instructions for Applying:
Applications will be received until January 10, 2019, or until the position is filled. Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references in a single PDF document to email@example.com. PRRI offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. No inquiries please.
PRRI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, and other members of under-represented groups who will contribute to the diversity of our staff.