PRRI Spring 2020 Media and Communications Internship (Video and Graphic Design)
PRRI seeks a motivated and energetic video and graphic design intern to support communications department for the Spring 2020 semester. Our internship opportunity will provide a fast-paced mix of content generation, graphic design, video production, social media curation, research, and writing. Our intern will work closely with a small and dynamic team to learn the ropes of producing high-quality video, media, and digital content at the intersection of religion, culture, and politics.
As a PRRI intern, you’ll be treated as a fully integrated member of our communications team, and have the opportunity to work on a variety of digital, social, and audio projects. This includes the early stages of some of our most exciting and challenging national surveys and reports. Applicants must have the ability to work between 15-20 hours per week. This internship is unpaid but may qualify for course credit. A transportation stipend will be provided as needed.
During the academic semester (fall and spring), interns are expected to work between 15-20 hours per week. Summer interns are generally expected to work a full 40-hour week during regular office hours, although there is flexibility. This internship is unpaid but may qualify for course credit. A transportation stipend will be provided as needed.
Who You Are:
- An undergraduate/graduate student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university. Recents grads of up to 1 year are also welcome to apply (advertising, journalism, or relevant major of study required
What You’ll Bring:
- Strong, well-rounded design skills and demonstrate those skills through a robust portfolio**
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Confident typography and a firm grasp on branding
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization and prioritization skills
- Willingness to experiment, comfortable trying new things, and not afraid to fail
- An interest in America’s religious, cultural, and political landscape
- Draft and pitch content for PRRI’s daily, weekly, and monthly newsletters, as well as corresponding social media content
- Assist in video editing of PRRI’s video series ‘Up to the Minute’
- Assist in the production of ‘The Why Podcast’
- Provide editorial support for major research projects and website content
- Other duties as assigned
Bonus Points If:
- Short-form video and audio/podcast experience
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS, WordPress, and Canva
- Interest and or competency in animation, video production
**Applicants without a link to an online portfolio or a PDF that demonstrates the above skills will not be considered**
Instructions for applying
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and three references to Director of Communications, J. Jioni Palmer. Please include which internship(s) you would like to be considered for in the subject line of your email. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis.
No phone calls, please.
PRRI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, and other members of under-represented groups who will contribute to the diversity of our staff.
There are no full or part-time positions open at this time.