Research and Communications Internship (Spring, Summer, Fall)
We offer one undergraduate internship during the fall, spring, and summer semesters to an outstanding student who is currently enrolled in an accredited college or university. Interns will report to the Editor and Communications Manager and the Communications and Development Assistant, and will assist with a variety of tasks related to media, research, and online communications. Interns will provide assistance in all aspects of the organization including the development of survey questionnaires, production of research reports, and implementation of communications strategy around research products.
- Draft content for monthly and weekly newsletters
- Provide editorial support for major research projects and website content
- Track media coverage of PRRI as well as relevant current events and topics
- Other tasks as assigned
- Major in journalism, communications, political science, religious studies, or related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, detail-oriented
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel)
- Familiarity with social media tools (i.e. Twitter and Facebook) and blogging experience using WordPress preferred
During the academic semester (fall and spring), interns are expected to work between 15-20 hours per week. Summer interns are generally expected to work a full 40-hour week during regular office hours, although there is flexibility. This internship is unpaid, but may qualify for course credit. A transportation stipend will be provided as needed.
Instructions for Applying
To apply for the please submit your cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Research & Communications Intern” in the subject line of your email. We will be accepting applications until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
PRRI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, and other members of under-represented groups who will contribute to the diversity of our staff.