Director of Communications
Status and Location: Full-Time, Washington, D.C.
A Washington, D.C.-based, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization specializing in public opinion research on cultural change, religion, and Americans’ views on public policy seeks a full-time Communications Director. The Communications Director will report directly to the CEO and have the opportunity to build an in-house communications team. The ideal candidate will have 10-12 years of communications experience, preferably in government, academia, media, or nonprofit work; have a track record of leading a communications team and implementing annual communications plans for an organization. The candidate should also be able to demonstrate the ability to secure interviews for the organization’s leadership and generate media coverage for research products in local D.C. and national media. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Develop and lead overall communications strategy and organizational branding
- Manage a proactive earned and digital media strategy
- Manage online and print editorial activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporters, columnists, and producers to enhance PRRI’s prominent national media presence
- Manage communications staff and coordinate with external communications consultants
- 10-12 years of experience in media relations, communications, or journalism
- Prior experience managing a communications team required
- Strong personal network of producers and journalists
- A. or B.S. in communications, journalism, public relations, or related field
- Strong creative, strategic, organizational, and leadership ability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using website CMS, social media, and familiarity with survey research a plus
PRRI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization with a fast-paced work environment. Since our founding in 2009, PRRI has established itself as a leading provider of quality, independent survey research on cultural change, religion, and politics in the country. In 2017, PRRI research was featured in over 2,200 earned media stories in major national outlets. PRRI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Please visit our website for more information at http://prri.org.
Instructions for Applying:
Application will be received until February 9, 2018, or until the position is filled. Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references in a single PDF document to email@example.com. PRRI offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. No inquiries please.
PRRI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, and other members of under-represented groups who will contribute to the diversity of our staff.