Digital Strategy Manager
A Washington, D.C.-based, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization specializing in public opinion research on cultural change, religion, and Americans’ views on public policy seeks a full-time Digital Strategy Manager. The Digital Strategy Manager will oversee PRRI’s growing digital media presence, including social media platforms, direct email lists, and website. This position will work closely with PRRI’s Editor and Digital Content Manager and report directly to the Director of Communications. The Digital Strategy Manager will work in collaboration with internal and external communications teams to broadly disseminate PRRI research and grow PRRI’s digital media presence. Digital media experience, a strong grasp of the political and policy news cycles, and familiarity with digital tools are essential.
- Maintain and develop strategies for growing PRRI’s digital media presence.
- Promote PRRI research and increase PRRI brand recognition through implementation of best practices on social media, direct mail campaigns, and the website.
- Closely monitor the news and post daily social media content for all platforms.
- Produce creative content, including graphics and videos.
- Publish and maintain PRRI research content on website using WordPress content management system.
- Manage and track paid promotions, spending, and results and report back to teams.
- Track PRRI’s website analytics and create short- and long-term digital strategies for website performance improvement.
- Assist the Communications team as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three to five years of experience as a social media or digital strategist.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Flexibility to be available occasionally outside of normal work hours to respond via social media to breaking news relevant to PRRI’s work.
- Sound editorial and ethical judgment.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to juggle multiple deadlines each week.
- Experience with TweetDeck, Hootsuite, Constant Contact, WordPress, Facebook Analytics, and Google Analytics required.
- Experience working with public polling data preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, video editing software, and livestreaming platforms preferred.
PRRI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research at the intersection of religion, values, and public life. PRRI’s mission is to help journalists, opinion leaders, scholars, clergy, and the general public better understand debates on public policy issues and the role of religion and values in American public life by conducting high quality public opinion surveys and qualitative research. Please visit our website for more information at www.prri.org.
Instructions for Applying:
Application will be received until the position is filled. Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. PRRI offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. No inquiries please.
PRRI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, and other members of under-represented groups who will contribute to the diversity of our staff.